LucidPix Creators Program
We’re always working to enhance your creative palette with new templates and features. There are different types of 3D frames to interactive, location, face-oriented and many others. If you’re submission gets accepted, we’ll follow-up with launch of your frame so you can capture and share.
Keep reading to learn how to create 3D frames step-by-step, and submit your own at the end of this page!
We can’t wait to see what you make. Happy creating!
How to Create 3D Frames
Anyone can crate a 3D Frame and submit it for a chance to be included as an official frame in the LucidPix app. Each 3D Frame is built from two separate elements; an interesting image and descriptive depth map. Full details found below.
User Supplied Image
No need to do anything here, this image is provided by the User.
3D Frame Image
You create this frame, being sure to leave areas for the Users’ image to show through. Save as a transparent .png file.
Next, you create a depth map based off your 3D Frame Image. Choose from 5 depth levels. Save as a transparent .png file.
Final 3D Frame
Final 3D Frame
We apply the depth map to the 3D Frame and User image, enabling 3D animation of your new creation!
3D Frame Details
While creating 3D Frames is easy, there are a few specifications you must keep in mind.
Each 3D Frame submission must include the following three items; (1) 3D Frame, (2) Depth Map, and (3) Thumbnail. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will not be considered for app inclusion.
The image portion of your 3D Frame
Size : 1440×1744
File Type : .png
File Name : name.png
Color : full color
(0,0,0 & 255,255,255 are not allowed)
Transparent alpha background
Used to define depth in your 3D Frame
Size : 1440×1744
File Type : .png
File Name : name_depth.png
Color : mono, no transparency
1, 1, 1 = farthest
254,254,254 = closest
(0,0,0 & 255,255,255 are not allowed)
Depth Map Layers
Your Depth Map is a grayscale image with up to 5 colors.
Lighter colors are closer, darker colors are further away.
No gradients or transparency, only solid colors.
A smaller version of the 3D Frame
File Type: .png
File Name: name_thumb.png
Color: full color
Transparent alpha background
How to preview your new 3D Frame on Facebook
Please be sure to preview your creations on Facebook before submitting for our consideration.
- Create your 3D Frame and Depth Map.
- Choose a background image for testing purposes.
- Place your 3D Frame on top of test image and export as a .png file.
- File naming is key. 3D Frames can have any name, e.g. “name.png”. The Depth Map should have the same name with “_depth” appended at the end, e.g. “name_depth.png”
- Upload both files into a single post on Facebook for live preview.
Submit Your 3D Frames
Please zip the (1) Thumbnail, (2) 3D Frame and (3) Depth Map into a single file and attach to the form below.
Not sure how to create a 3D Frame for LucidPix? No problem! Check out the guide above!
Please be sure your zip file contains all three items: the Thumbnail, 3D Frame and Depth Map. By submitting a 3D Frame you agree to abide by the Creators Program Agreement, outlined below.
3D Frame Submission Guidelines
Age requirement: You must be 18 years or older to submit content to LucidPix.
Your content: LucidPix does not claim any ownership rights except for the license you grant us in this agreement. You also agree that you don’t violate privacy, moral rights, or any rights of others.
Required files: Submissions will not be considered if they do not include all three required files; 3D Frame, Depth Map, and Thumbnail zipped into a single file. If a release (model, intellectual property, etc) is required, please include it in the submission zip file.
Modification of agreement: We reserve the right to modify this agreement at any time without prior written consent. Any changes made will become immediately enforceable. If you do not agree to any changes made, you must let us know in writing at email@example.com and we will remove your content from our Website and/or App.
If we see prohibited activities related to content submissions, we will reject said submissions.
Some examples of prohibited activities are:
- Spamming of content, such as multiple submissions of identical, or almost identical files
- Copying of other artists’ files
- Submitting public domain content, or content not wholly created by you
- Submitting IP infringing, illegal, or pornographic content
Copyright: You must own or control all the rights to files you submit to LucidPix. Don’t submit files that don’t belong to you (for example, photos that your spouse took) or that incorporate items that are not yours, such as content found on the internet.
Local and federal laws: You must follow local and federal laws when creating and submitting content to LucidPix. We do not accept illegal, pornographic, or immoral content.
Release forms: Some content may require a model and/or property release. If required, please include the release in the submission zip.
Personal information: Do not embed your personal or company logos, watermark, name, or other such info into your files.
Nudity: We do not accept frames including any type of nudity.
We reserve the right to accept, reject, or remove files for any reason, at any time.
The Fine Print
LucidPix Contributor Agreement
Last updated October 11, 2019. Replaces all prior versions.
This agreement governs your use of the LucidPix Creators Program and the upload or submission of any Work to LucidPix. This agreement apply to all photographs, illustrations, images, templates, 3D assets, and other pictorial or graphic works that you submit to us or upload to our Website under this agreement or any other prior version thereof (“Work(s))”. This Contributor Agreement is referred to as “Agreement”. “Website” means our websites and applications that facilitate access to these websites or submitted 3D Frames, including but not limited to lucidpix.com, and our LucidPix app for iOS and Android.
1. Licenses for Users. You grant us a license to further sublicense our right to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, modify, publicly perform, and translate the Work on a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual basis in any media or embodiment. The license to users may include the right to modify and create derivative works based upon the Work, including but not limited to the right to sell or distribute for sale the Work or any reproductions thereof if incorporated or together with or onto any item of merchandise or other work of authorship, in any media or format now or hereafter known, provided that such users’ use of the modified Work is limited solely to the same uses permitted with respect to the original Work. For clarity, we may allow users and other authorized third parties (such as, without limitation, marketing consultants or service providers) to post or share the Work onto social media sites or other third-party websites, subject to any restrictions imposed by a User Agreement.
2. Licenses for LucidPix. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, index, and modify your Work for the purposes of operating the Website or App; presentation of your Work; distributing and marketing your Work to users; developing new features and services; archiving your Work; and protecting your Work. We may use the Work for the purposes of marketing and promoting your Work, the Website, our business, and our other products and services, in which case you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute, modify, publicly perform, and translate the Work as needed. You also grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your display name, trademarks, and trade names in connection with our marketing and promotional activities and our license to your Work under the agreement. If we use your Work to market and promote your Work or the Website, our distribution programs, our services and offerings, or our own social media sites, or to expand the market for the licensing of Work, then we may compensate you at our discretion.
3. Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 IP Rights. You represent and warrant that you own all rights, title and interest in and to the Work, including all copyrights, trademarks, patents, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, moral rights, and other proprietary rights (collectively, “IP Rights”), or have all necessary rights and license to grant us the licenses under the agreement. You specifically waive any moral rights with respect to the Work to the extent permitted by law, and if no waiver is permitted, you agree not to enforce the rights against us, our affiliates, and our users. You further represent and warrant that the Work will not infringe the IP Rights of others, contain misleading or false information, or contain any illegal or defamatory content. You will not upload any Work that infringes or violates the IP Rights of any person or entity or that constitutes any libel, slander, or other defamation upon any person. You must also comply with applicable law, both national and local.
3.2 Releases. If the Work contains an image or likeness of an identifiable person, trademark or logo, or certain distinctive property that is protected by IP Rights, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary and valid releases or agreements substantially similar to our standard model and property releases for each person or property depicted in the Work.
4. Ownership and Use of the Work. Neither title nor any ownership interest in or to the Work is transferred to us as a result of the agreement. Except for the licenses granted by you pursuant to the Agreement, we do not claim any ownership rights to the Work. Both we and our users who use a Work have the right, but not the obligation, to identify you as the author and source of the Work in a customary manner. In addition, metadata may be altered, removed, or added, without any liability to us, our distributors, or users. We are not liable for non-compliance with the agreement of a User Agreement or for misuse by any third party. You grant us the right to enforce your IP Rights against infringers, but we have no obligation to do so. If you believe your Work has been misused, you agree to notify us and take no action without our prior written consent.
5.1 Pricing and Payment Details. At this point in time, we do not have a payment system developed for 3D Frames, and user-submitted 3D Frames will receive no monetary compensation for their inclusion in the Website or App. This may change in the future. We may modify the Pricing and Payment Details from time to time, including but not limited to updating the categories of Works, updating pricing and payment agreement, and/or directing you to new Pricing and Payment Details for pricing and payment information. You should look at the Pricing and Payment Details regularly. By continuing to submit or upload Works or by not removing Works, you are agreeing to any new Pricing and Payment Details as revised from time to time. Except as stated in this agreement, we have no payment obligations to you. We may use third-party payment processors such as PayPal to facilitate the payment to you. If we or our partners offer a promotion, trial, test, or watermarked version of your Work, we are not subject to the payment obligations in this section.
5.2 Taxes. You are responsible for completing any necessary IRS forms in order to receive payment. A “US Person” (as defined by the IRS) must submit a completed IRS Form W-9 to us. A “Foreign Person” (as defined by the IRS) must submit a completed IRS Form W-8 to us in order to claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding as a resident of a foreign country with which the United States has an income tax treaty. If any fee payable to you is subject to tax withholding or other tax collected at the source by any taxing authority, we will deduct such tax from the fee payable to you. We will make reasonable efforts to provide you with a copy of the official receipt covering such payment of tax, if such a copy is available. We will reasonably cooperate with you in order to obtain the benefits of any applicable tax treaties pertaining to such taxes.
6. Delivering, Submitting, and Managing Your Work
6.1 Delivering and Submitting Your Work. You will deliver your Work in the format(s) and via the delivery method(s) requested by LucidPix. Additionally, you will submit the Work for our review in accordance with the guidelines provided by us to you. We may modify the Guidelines from time to time. You should look at the Guidelines regularly. We may accept or reject the Work you upload to the Website or otherwise submit to us, at our sole discretion, without comment.
6.2 Managing Your Work. You may remove any of your Work from the Website or App at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and giving 90 days’ written notice to LucidPix. We may remove Work or terminate your account at our sole discretion without prior notice.
7. Indemnification Obligations. You will indemnify us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners, licensees, investors, and licensors from any claim, demand, loss, or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your Works or other content that you submit to us, your use of the Website, or your violation of the agreement. We have the right to control the defense of any claim, action, or matter subject to indemnification by you with counsel and location of our own choosing. You will fully cooperate with us in the defense of any such claim, action, or matter. Any amount that is or may be owed to you under section 5 above may be offset and reduced by any amount owned by you pursuant to your indemnity obligations hereunder, without demand or notice to you.
8. Termination and Survival
8.1 Termination. We may terminate This agreement, remove any Work, or suspend your account, without prior notice. We will have no payment obligation to you if we terminate this agreement for cause. By way of example, you may not download LucidPix content for the primary purpose of artificially inflating the number of downloads of content by a given contributor or for the primary purpose of artificially triggering payments. You may terminate this agreement at any time with at least 90 days’ prior written notice to us via email to email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to have any Work that you have removed from our Website be removed from the websites of any of our affiliates (including co-branded websites) within 90 days after removal of the Work from our Website. Before the termination of This agreement or removal of your Work from the websites of any of our affiliates, our users may continue to obtain new licenses to your Work.
8.2 Effect of Termination. We may continue to use the Work solely for internal archival and reference purposes or as stated in this section 8.2. Sections 3, 4, 5.1 (if LucidPix has any payment obligations), 5.2, 7, 8, and 9.1 will survive the termination of This agreement. Any licenses granted to our users or to us prior to the date of termination or prior to the removal of any Work from the Website will survive the termination of This agreement. Additionally, users whose User Agreements allow them to license and possess a Work as a comp version (e.g., a preview sample) may further convert that license to a usage license. We will provide payment as stated in section 5 for any license fee that we receive as related to the Work after termination of This agreement.
9.1. Relationship. If you reside in the United States, your relationship is with LucidPix, a United States company.
9.2 Communications. You acknowledge that LucidPix may contact you via e-mail in order to communicate with you regarding LucidPix’s content needs and effective ways for us to work together.